Cycling Day T+2: Honningsvåg
July 30, 2015 Leave a comment
Happy Cycling Thursday Day: REBLOGGING #1
As the sun peeks over the hill at 5am, it’s just me and a certain bicycle waiting by the quayside in Honningsvåg for the start of our long and hopefully leisurely journey back to Yorkshire. The MS Lofoten has yet to dock but when it does it’s a quick turnaround as we set sail for Bergen (via every port along the coast of western Norway, or so it appears) at 5.45. The ten-point plan is as follows…
- Hurtigruten ship (the Death on the Nile lookalike MS Lofoten) to Bergen, arriving on Monday 4th August at 2.30pm.
- Stay overnight in Bergen (not yet booked).
- Overnight ferry from Bergen to Hirtshal, Denmark on Tuesday 5th (booked).
- Err… Train(s) south to The Netherlands?
- Overnight ferry from Rotterdam to Hull on Thursday/Friday?
- Trans Pennine Express train from Hull to Huddersfield.
- Cycle from Huddersfield to Blackley.
- Go to Golden Feece Inn.
- Drink beer.
- Be escorted…
View original post 53 more words